Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 5:15 PM Last edited by simsample : 20th Nov 2023 at 10:39 PM.
Could we please not make this another thread about "how crap EA are and how shite Sims 4/ Project Rene/ Sims 5 are/ will be"? We have threads for that already. I just wanted to make this about inZoi and news pertaining to this, as we get it. Make comparisons, sure, but let's keep it largely on topic perhaps?

Remember that what we are seeing for inZoi so far is early footage; we don't know yet what it will look like at release, or even what kind of model it will be operated on. As mentioned, the developer is known for games which feature in-game transactions and DLC- so likely that this game will have that too. However, as we have seen from watching games such as Paralives develop, we know that the features a game has during development and the features it has upon release can be very different. All we know so far is that this game has been in development for a year, and is likely to be released late next year:
https://www.gamingdeputy.com/inzoi-...-project-inzoi/
So it may have a long way to go yet.

Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
Generally I'm just happy there's more competition and options. Now I can look forward to this one since it looks gorgeous to me while others can look forward to Paralives, Vivaland or Life by You depending on which one appeals to you in particular the best.

This is how I feel- I play different sims games according to what I want to feel like doing, and if I want to make an entire metropolis then I play Cities Skylines. I'd like to have a choice of different games that all approach the life simulation in a different way, with different features or focus. I don't think that we can necessarily say, 'a life sim should have weather in the basegame' or, 'a life sim should have pets in the basegame' because this shows us more about what our priorities and requirements for a game are, rather than what would make a good game.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

My only doubt and skepticism (which I may be ignorant, as my knowledge on computers is lackinv), is that the heavy resource requiring to run complex simulation and said graphics could dnd be doing too draining and possibke even not possibke to pull off a game that will give and feed the players the cake at the same time.

Since you brought it up, nobody is going to be playing this game on a potato.

https://youtu.be/_QrU_1nCWxw?feature=shared&t=236

People were sent a computer to play this on? From where I'm sitting, that's a red flag. Who do these devs think their audience is going to be? It certainly isn't going to be the person that plops down $300.00 for a laptop at Walmart.

EDIT: Video goes on to talk about how they want this game released by the end of next year. It has been in development for year and they want copies sold by the end of next year. That's curious...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#28 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Could we please not make this another thread about "how crap EA are and how shite Sims 4/ Project Renee/ Sims 5 are/ will be"? We have threads for that already. I just wanted to make this about inZoi and news pertaining to this, as we get it. Make comparisons, sure, but let's keep it largely on topic perhaps?

To be fair, this thread being in TS4 is an off-topic itself, when it should be in the gaming forum section but whatever. And Ea is everywhere critized over at MTS, but I can stop as ppl already known my broken tape of words. I didn’t much compare than say I rather play highlighting what pros it has over what its critized for (like not entering cars or social worker being clear points that players still want new simulators have what the sims already have. It’s comparable because mods don’t mind the threads for new games be jn The Sims 4, so it isn’t unreasonable to comment about TS4 (well, I do understand ppl tired of me hearing that so I’ll keelp it minimal as much as I can).

I do agree competitors should be daring to try new things. Much like how lby has flexie customizable choice over making the game have best additions by default, paralives shines in building features first over live mode, this having city feel and life in streets over autonomy first and more interactive childrens. The games need to hook the player with smth as their own indepented new name entities. I’m all up for it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
To be fair, this thread being in TS4 is an off-topic itself, when it should be in the gaming forum section but whatever.

Unfortunately the greater gaming world forum is closed. I wasn't meaning you specifically either, just making a general request to all!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 8:27 PM Last edited by daisylee : 15th Nov 2023 at 8:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Unfortunately the greater gaming world forum is closed. I wasn't meaning you specifically either, just making a general request to all!

Maybe as these progress and there is more info. about all of them there could be a thread specifically to compare them with each other and people can give their current thoughts about which do and do not have appeal? And people can try to limit comments in the actual thread for each game to pretty much just what is going on in that game? Also, it might save from some duplication and keep threads cleaner? Hmmmmm maybe I will start one? :D

edit: I did
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 9:01 PM
It is so weird that they sent PCs to people so that they can play the game. How is that even manageable?

This game surely is realistic, but the characters have this vivid look in their eyes. It is a bit better looking that LBY and it is definitely better looking that Vivaland. But, then again, we saw very little from Vivaland and this game. Paralives is for me the most emotional one, the most nostalgic one.

I do like realism, but, at the same time, life simulation games are a bit better when mixing realism with uncanny and cartoonish elements. You cannot replicate life entirely in such a game so why even give it realistic graphics in the first place? I just hope that the characters have voices, unique and different voices because it would be weird if such realistic characters all have the same voice (how it was with men and women in TS2).

What I want from a life simulation game is exactly gameplay about life. That is what Paralives is giving to me. LBY did not even reveal life stages and this game is so realistic that I have a feeling like all of the budget (or maybe a big chunk of it) went into creating graphics. That does not have to be the case, of course.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
It is so weird that they sent PCs to people so that they can play the game. How is that even manageable?

I can think of a lot of reasons for doing this. The differences in hardware, drivers, system specifications, impact of other software taking system resources... by delivering a system preloaded with the game, they would not have had to worry about optimizing the game for different hardware configurations, or supporting installation difficulties. They wouldn't even have had to worry about packaging an executable, or writing instructions. The point at this stage is not to test the game, but rather to promote it.

What I want from a life simulation game is exactly gameplay about life. That is what Paralives is giving to me. LBY did not even reveal life stages and this game is so realistic that I have a feeling like all of the budget (or maybe a big chunk of it) went into creating graphics. That does not have to be the case, of course.

Yes, the different approaches to the way the game is presented tell us a lot. Paralives is a game to play, LifeByYou is a game to customise and this game appears to be one to look at. Will be interesting to see how they all end up, will our impressions be different as more information is revealed, and more development is done? I don't get the impression that G-Star want feedback on this game- they are just showing it to us. I don't think they will change their model based on reaction.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Maybe as these progress and there is more info. about all of them there could be a thread specifically to compare them with each other and people can give their current thoughts about which do and do not have appeal? And people can try to limit comments in the actual thread for each game to pretty much just what is going on in that game? Also, it might save from some duplication and keep threads cleaner? Hmmmmm maybe I will start one? :D

edit: I did

Lovely idea. I do think that four threads of different games in the sims 4 seems redundant. People could just comment under one post to be fair. Although, someone will have to keep task on updating the original post to include a mention of a new game, so members don’t have through trace through pages what it is the game is about that’s talked.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 2:15 AM
This game surely is realistic, but the characters have this vivid look in their eyes. It is a bit better looking that LBY and it is definitely better looking that Vivaland. But, then again, we saw very little from Vivaland and this game. Paralives is for me the most emotional one, the most nostalgic one.

I do like realism, but, at the same time, life simulation games are a bit better when mixing realism with uncanny and cartoonish elements. You cannot replicate life entirely in such a game so why even give it realistic graphics in the first place? I just hope that the characters have voices, unique and different voices because it would be weird if such realistic characters all have the same voice (how it was with men and women in TS2).

I started a new thread for us to compare the games and chat about what we do and do not want. Head over there and post this if wanted.
Instructor
#35 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 2:45 AM
I swear if The Sims 4 gets Create a Style and becomes open world after this....That's how you know that EA's scared. Horse Ranch and the LBY delay saved their ass, not sure how they're going to handle this....
Mad Poster
#36 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fraroc
I swear if The Sims 4 gets Create a Style and becomes open world after this.....

I think we can bet good money that is not gonna happen and I am pretty sure we were told way back when the game engine and way done cannot handle those.
Theorist
#37 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 3:05 AM
Spent 5 of my 6 years hiatus from Sims 4 playing Black Desert Online, a Korean MMO. I fell in love with the art style and aesthetic of the characters. InZoi characters have that Korean style aesthetic that I like so much, but taken up a notch. I also love the fashion and look of the environment. I was excited about Life By You, but I really like the look of this so much more. I just hope they can start filling some of that form with function. Beautiful aesthetics but shallow and mindless content is a common complaint of Korean MMOs. It's not uncommon for people to play a game like BDO just to make beautiful characters for screenshots, art, storytelling, and role play. I could see some of that crowd finding a home with InZoi.

I think it's too soon to assume a lot of things won't be improved by the time this goes to market. Even then, Sims games were no stranger to half-baked features at release, like larval babies, lack of toddlers, minimal reaction to being cheated on or death.

My main concern is whether this game can run completely offline. I feel hopeful about it in that in Acottonsock's criticism of the AI, she mentions it might need to be online to work. That specific mention makes me think maybe this game is completely offline (or can function offline).

Quote: Originally posted by kirabook
Also, I wonder if since they're a korean based company if they don't have to worry about US based patents? EA has patented the ability to drag and adjust face and body parts. Paralives narrowly avoided some legal trouble after learning this and had to take it out and find a work around. So I wonder if they just haven't run into that issue yet or they don't have to worry about EA lawyers.

BDO has this too, since 2015, but it's better because there are also conventional sliders and they're tied together so you have a choice. Drag face and body parts around, all the associated sliders move. Don't know if they can do it because that's an MMO and not a life sim, or if Korean companies don't have to care about US patents.

Resident wet blanket.
Theorist
#38 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat

I think it's too soon to assume a lot of things won't be improved by the time this goes to market. Even then, Sims games were no stranger to half-baked features at release, like larval babies, lack of toddlers, minimal reaction to being cheated on or death.

True, but it is interesting how this game has gone from unknown to "Best Game ever!" with a single video that doesn't show much of anything throughout sim land. This too is typical for sims-related things...

Satch pointed out 'world' issues with this game. This game is being pitched as open world, it really isn't. There is the usable part of the map, the rest is set dressing. Then if a person watches what is going on in the background of the 'scenarios' they show, there isn't much going on. If a person lives in a city and goes for a walk in a park, there is going to be at least one other person around. Even TS3 can manage to pull in at least one other sim at a park.

I understand this game is still under development. That being said, it is curious that they feel as though they can push this game out out the door with a "for sale" sign on it in a year. No beta testing, ect... Just slap it on a website and the masses will gobble it up. At the moment this feels like nothing more than a cash grab. They picked out all the buzz words that have been floating around the sims community for years, then built their proverbial ark on those with zero context.

ANOTHER life simulation game is coming (InZoi)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joGnkz0fPfI
Forum Resident
#39 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 6:12 PM
While I expressed my interest in this game I wasn't really thinking it's going to be the best life simulator ever (that's Sims 2, period. You can't change my mind ), it'll probably be the best screenshot simulator out of the ones coming out though and definitely the only one with art style I actually like. For years the only thing I really do - when I'm not ruining my Sims 4-Sims' lives for fun - with my Sims is to take screenshots of them so to have a new beautiful game for that is exciting and I'm already trying to imagine how some of my beloved characters reimagined in inZOI would look like and I'm looking forward to remaking them there. If it ends up having good simulation side too then all the better but to me that would be just a bonus. One thing that might kill it for me is if we can't have custom content in it though, the reason I still toy around with Sims 2 is because I can endlessly create new (cosmetic) content for it. If that's not an option then I'll see myself growing tired of it pretty soon.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
While I expressed my interest in this game I wasn't really thinking it's going to be the best life simulator ... it'll probably be the best screenshot simulator out of the ones coming out though and definitely the only one with art style I actually like. For years the only thing I really do - when I'm not ruining my Sims 4-Sims' lives for fun - with my Sims is to take screenshots of them so to have a new beautiful game for that is exciting ....

From what I am seeing in the posts here, I agree that people are not saying it is the best thing since the invention of the wheel, but that it looks interesting and we are curious to learn more about it. I have taken tens of thousands of screenshots of my Sims, so a new game where I would want to do that would have appeal in that aspect.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 10:57 PM
Apparently, all the content creators who have been playtesting and reviewing the game were gifted a PC? Maybe that should be made a bit more transparent when you're reviewing a game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTjweWU_NyY
Scholar
#42 Old 17th Nov 2023 at 12:55 PM
This Video suddendly appeared on my youtube recommendations,maybe because i occasionally but rarely watch a Sims video.

I've never shown interest in any rival sims game under development, because i feel they either take far too long to develop and even maybe not ever be finished at all, but I came across this preview by accident, I mean what game is this?, this reminds me of the sims, and in fact it is! And if things go to plan it be released to the public in only 12 months time, i've showned zero interest in the new direction Project Rene is going, they are going to change things from bad to worse.

But inZOI is showing to the be exact type of sims game everyone wants!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 17th Nov 2023 at 9:10 PM Last edited by simsample : 17th Nov 2023 at 11:08 PM.
This is the InZoi blog:
https://blog.krafton.com/11535/

Google English translation:
https://blog-krafton-com.translate....&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Is this accurate?
Quote:
On the iPhone, users can directly edit the avatar's facial expressions using the facial expression recognition system through the smartphone. However, be aware that spending too much time on customization may reduce your actual game time!

I'm hoping someone who speaks Korean could offer a better translation!

It's refreshing to me to see a city that is Asian aesthetic, after playing Sims for so long it makes a change to not have US-centric designs. What do others feel about this?
Field Researcher
#44 Old 17th Nov 2023 at 11:54 PM
I doubt they have complete access to the FaceID api but general facial tracking is pretty common on all kinds of smartphone apps so I wouldn’t expect that to be an iPhone only function.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 18th Nov 2023 at 9:12 AM
What do you think about the bit that says 'spending too much time on customization may reduce your actual game time'- not sure whether that's meaning an in-game limit, or whether they were just trying to say 'you'll have so much fun doing this that you will lose track of time'. I don't read Korean at all, so have to rely on translators.
Theorist
#46 Old 18th Nov 2023 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim

But inZOI is showing to the be exact type of sims game everyone wants!

I'm not sure what this means, but if you mean this is going to be another dollhouse simulator, then I'd agree. Nobody will actually play, instead it will continue to be more endless fighting about who has the best "aesthetic", fights about the color beige, who dresses their avatar better, blah, blah. blah. There is already drum banging over the lack of same sex relationships ( not a thing in South Korea), the lack of textured hair, why characters of color were not part of the video, ect. Add in how the game uses AI which has a whole other bunch of people pissed off.

There hasn't even been word about how this game is going to be paid for. Since the trend is every game publisher and their mothers can't get enough macotransactions, I'm expecting plenty of those.

It is going to be another one of those games where watching the community and the drama it will certainly engage in will be far more interesting than the game itself. It is like Disney Dreamlight Valley. If that isn't enough, there is no shortage of videos that talks about all the catfishing in Second Life. People are more than happy to plunk down $20.00 a month for that nonsense.

Keep cash in pocket while being entertained for free.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 18th Nov 2023 at 11:36 AM
InZoi official discord is linked in the description and pinned comment of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Sre5LoF9k
WARNING: People on reddit are warning that there is a lot of discriminatory language going on in that channel, access at your own risk and with caution.
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Nov 2023 at 4:50 PM
Oh wow, aesthetically this is what I was wanting from LBY as it progresses further into development. Nice realistic graphics and art style without being too uncanny with great animations. The animations, particularly the idle ones while walking, look especially top notch. I'm a bit shocked how good they are. You can definitely see this has a large company behind it. The Korean aesthetic and fashion design is right up my alley too. For me, visually it's a 10/10.

I still need to see and hear more about the gameplay details to be completely enthralled and the potential business model is worrying to say the least, but I am absolutely loving the variety of life sims we have coming. I never could have imagined back in 2019 when Paralives became the first legitimate Sims competitor that so many more would be announced in the coming years. We've really been dreaming about this type of situation for years lol. The market is literally at a peak right now.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 18th Nov 2023 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ramaru
I never could have imagined back in 2019 when Paralives became the first legitimate Sims competitor that so many more would be announced in the coming years. We've really been dreaming about this type of situation for years lol. The market is literally at a peak right now.

It really is a great time for players who like life-sims! This game doesn't look like it's going to scratch my itch to world build but it's going to be great for interior design and character creation. I don't think it will suit those who like to heavily customise their worlds (medieval players and so on), but for those who love to play dollhouse style, where you can design your sim and live out their life in a beautiful setting, this seems like fun. It seems that you can follow your Zoi to work and even steal from your employers. Whether there will be consequences to this awaits to be seen!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 12:12 AM
If they can program the characters' behavior in such a way that supplies them with the intelligence that it takes for them to be fully aware of the environment and respond to things that happen all around 'em -- you know, one of the key reasons why we still can not get over Sims2 -- , they can rest assured 99% of their job is done. Forget photorealism, forget clever marketing strategies =)

Otherwise, all we'll get is an Autocad render starring decorative drones =)

Whoever gets that will become the life Sim war's champion!

PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
[email protected]
Page 2 of 6