Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 8:21 PM
Default Made CC not showing up in game, gives an error in TSRW
Hello, so I made a hair cc using blender, daboobs and all the usual stuff, exported the hair, assigned bones. But when i created the package, it won't show up in the game, nor i can load it in TSRW. Here's the error i'm getting on TSRW.

https://imgur.com/nhP9E6l

And here's the package file including the geom.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WI...iew?usp=sharing

Thank you!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ard4x
Hello, so I made a hair cc using blender, daboobs and all the usual stuff, exported the hair, assigned bones. But when i created the package, it won't show up in the game, nor i can load it in TSRW. Here's the error i'm getting on TSRW.

https://imgur.com/nhP9E6l

And here's the package file including the geom.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WI...iew?usp=sharing

Thank you!

I have never used Daboobs, but first thing I see is there is only one bone in the package, and no BGEO's. Lod's 1, 2 and 3 were not installed correctly, as they show error in s3pe. Package won't open in TSRW, so I would have to start from a new donor.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I have never used Daboobs, but first thing I see is there is only one bone in the package, and no BGEO's. Lod's 1, 2 and 3 were not installed correctly, as they show error in s3pe. Package won't open in TSRW, so I would have to start from a new donor.

i didnt make those yet had to test it and normally it would show up
Inventor
#4 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 2:00 AM
i didnt make those yet had to test it and normally it would show up

OK, I was wondering why they had 0 size when I pulled them. I have never made a package with empty LOD's, so don't know how that might mess with things. I use TSRW, so even if I don't replace the mesh during initial testing, it has the original from the donor. Hopefully someone familiar with Daboobs will pop in.

Instructor
#5 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 3:53 AM
Replying here as to keep the discussion in one place-
  • The TSRW error is normal. Something about using the Blender GEOM plugin for hairs makes this happen- you can more or less consider my hair tutorial (and hairs made with it by extension) incompatible with TSRW. But none of the steps require it, so should not really be an issue.
  • Was this made by following my entire tutorial, or only parts of it? As it really is supposed to be a start-to-finish sort of deal, and combining other methods may not be entirely reliable.
  • LODs 1-3 are errored- if you just need to test ingame, simply reuse LOD0. In general, you want to have everything done before putting it into DABOOBs.
  • The one bone is normal for a hair put together with DABOOBs, as cloning all of them is redundant.
  • All that being said, this hair appears in my game just fine. It shows a lot of signs of not having all required textures (no section in DABOOBs should be left blank) but it's in CAS. I'd recommend testing with nothing in your Mods folder except this piece of CC. The tool hashes the IDs from the mesh name you input, so if you've been reusing the same one for several tests they will be overwriting each other.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Replying here as to keep the discussion in one place-
  • The TSRW error is normal. Something about using the Blender GEOM plugin for hairs makes this happen- you can more or less consider my hair tutorial (and hairs made with it by extension) incompatible with TSRW. But none of the steps require it, so should not really be an issue.
  • Was this made by following my entire tutorial, or only parts of it? As it really is supposed to be a start-to-finish sort of deal, and combining other methods may not be entirely reliable.
  • LODs 1-3 are errored- if you just need to test ingame, simply reuse LOD0. In general, you want to have everything done before putting it into DABOOBs.
  • The one bone is normal for a hair put together with DABOOBs, as cloning all of them is redundant.
  • All that being said, this hair appears in my game just fine. It shows a lot of signs of not having all required textures (no section in DABOOBs should be left blank) but it's in CAS. I'd recommend testing with nothing in your Mods folder except this piece of CC. The tool hashes the IDs from the mesh name you input, so if you've been reusing the same one for several tests they will be overwriting each other.

Hello, thank you so much. I cleared my cache and now it shows up in game. Are the weird textures because of flipped normals or something? Even though i did follow the tutorial. Or because I didn't add a normal map inside DABOOBS?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 10:45 AM

Yes, adding a proper control map made it work, time to fix up the mesh a bit then add the LOD and the fat morph, thank you for your help again
Screenshots
Instructor
#8 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 11:43 AM
It's looking great so far, good luck with the rest!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd May 2024 at 10:17 PM Last edited by Ard4x : 2nd May 2024 at 10:29 PM.
Hello again. Tysm i love the hair i made and it's working well and looks nice. I was actually trying to convert the BG3 eyeball meshes, it worked fine at first but needed an edit so i edited it but had to export to obj several times because it kept giving an error. But now when i edit the mesh it seems to be messing with the UV map and it looks borked in game. I'd really appreciate your help, thank you

this is before exporting to geom.

after exporting to geom.

before editing it, worked but small and not oriented. i made a cornea mesh replacing the lash mesh, also replaced the shader

how it looks after editing/exporting and several obj imports

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sx...iew?usp=sharing here's the blend file just in case
Screenshots
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd May 2024 at 1:02 AM
Looks like a side effect of merging vertices.
UVs changing after export is a sign that a change was made to the mesh that needs to be unwrapped, which any type of export will automatically do if any geometry is missing UVs. Merging verts will make lines appear between those verts when UV unwrapped.

You can see the problematic verts by selecting the entire UV, right click > Pin, then right click > Unwrap. Existing UV won't move, but UV that would be created on export will appear. When this happens by accident, you can select each bad vert and rip it (hotkey V) so they're separate again, but in this case it would be easier to start over and avoid merging at all.

The mesh distortion ingame looks like mismatched morphs (remember that eyelashes have a length slider that will be trying to manipulate the verts of the eyeball if it's replacing the eyelash mesh), could also be related to bad bone assignments or polycount.
Inventor
#11 Old 3rd May 2024 at 3:03 AM
Hello again. Tysm i love the hair i made and it's working well and looks nice. I was actually trying to convert the BG3 eyeball meshes, it worked fine at first but needed an edit so i edited it but had to export to obj several times because it kept giving an error. But now when i edit the mesh it seems to be messing with the UV map and it looks borked in game. I'd really appreciate your help, thank you

this is before exporting to geom.

after exporting to geom.

before editing it, worked but small and not oriented. i made a cornea mesh replacing the lash mesh, also replaced the shader

how it looks after editing/exporting and several obj imports

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sx...iew?usp=sharing here's the blend file just in case

Not sure what "BG3" is, but I have seen UV in 1st pic when doing some MMD and XPS bot conversions. Foreign game parts can be a bit different from TS3. I looked at the blender file, and those eyes have a doubled mesh labeled eyeball and cornea. I've seen this before. Most likely can delete the eyeball, as the part labeled cornea is curved at the iris. Next, is that there is a seam in the eyes. Did you split seams in manner for blender version you use? That will cause the messed up UV. You can probably even delete all those faces that are behind the seams. Import TS3 eyes to compare. You will need to resize your eyes a bit, and align them to the TS3 eyes, on x, y and z axis. TS3 eyes may show 3 bones... b__LeftEye__ , b__RightEye__ and b__Headnew__, but they are 100% weighted for right eye and left eye.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th May 2024 at 12:03 AM Last edited by Ard4x : 4th May 2024 at 12:41 AM.
Looks like a side effect of merging vertices.
UVs changing after export is a sign that a change was made to the mesh that needs to be unwrapped, which any type of export will automatically do if any geometry is missing UVs. Merging verts will make lines appear between those verts when UV unwrapped.

You can see the problematic verts by selecting the entire UV, right click > Pin, then right click > Unwrap. Existing UV won't move, but UV that would be created on export will appear. When this happens by accident, you can select each bad vert and rip it (hotkey V) so they're separate again, but in this case it would be easier to start over and avoid merging at all.

The mesh distortion ingame looks like mismatched morphs (remember that eyelashes have a length slider that will be trying to manipulate the verts of the eyeball if it's replacing the eyelash mesh), could also be related to bad bone assignments or polycount.

Hello, thank you to you two, yes the cultprit was merging the mesh so that's fixed now. But I can't fix the mesh distortion for whatever reason. I played around with the mesh to make it look more like the original eyeball but it doesn't do.

Not sure what "BG3" is, but I have seen UV in 1st pic when doing some MMD and XPS bot conversions. Foreign game parts can be a bit different from TS3. I looked at the blender file, and those eyes have a doubled mesh labeled eyeball and cornea. I've seen this before. Most likely can delete the eyeball, as the part labeled cornea is curved at the iris. Next, is that there is a seam in the eyes. Did you split seams in manner for blender version you use? That will cause the messed up UV. You can probably even delete all those faces that are behind the seams. Import TS3 eyes to compare. You will need to resize your eyes a bit, and align them to the TS3 eyes, on x, y and z axis. TS3 eyes may show 3 bones... b__LeftEye__ , b__RightEye__ and b__Headnew__, but they are 100% weighted for right eye and left eye.

Hello, it's from baldur's gate 3, I deleted the behind faces but aligning them didn't work unfortunately. The "eyeball" is the actual eye part of the mesh. Basically i made 2 seperate meshes replacing the default lash mesh as the cornea which i've done so you can have a texture on the shine of your eyeball which lets you edit everything. you can't do that with the default simeyes shader, unless you use duches' shader replacer. which is still tedious to edit and you can't have any speculars or textures. I edited to mesh to match the original eye mesh but it's not working unfortunately. I'm still dropping the blend file and the package just in case.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xG...iew?usp=sharing --note: the mesh is only for young adult male currently.
Inventor
#13 Old 4th May 2024 at 1:54 AM
Hello, thank you to you two, yes the cultprit was merging the mesh so that's fixed now. But I can't fix the mesh distortion for whatever reason. I played around with the mesh to make it look more like the original eyeball but it doesn't do.

Hello, it's from baldur's gate 3, I deleted the behind faces but aligning them didn't work unfortunately. The "eyeball" is the actual eye part of the mesh. Basically i made 2 seperate meshes replacing the default lash mesh as the cornea which i've done so you can have a texture on the shine of your eyeball which lets you edit everything. you can't do that with the default simeyes shader, unless you use duches' shader replacer. which is still tedious to edit and you can't have any speculars or textures. I edited to mesh to match the original eye mesh but it's not working unfortunately. I'm still dropping the blend file and the package just in case.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xG...iew?usp=sharing --note: the mesh is only for young adult male currently.

I think I'm starting to see what you're trying to do, and will say, I don't think it will work. You cannot use the instance ID of a lod 1 eyelash, and have it become a lod 0 extra eye part somehow. Plus, there are certain things you must fall in line with... 1st being EA's UV mapping. Your cornea is on the EA head UV for left back of neck.

Possibly your best bet is to try to make this as an accessory eye. Kewai-Duo has accessory eyes...
http://kewai-dou.com/custommake-sharingan/
http://kewai-dou.com/4-size-in-one/
I have the first ones. My suggestion is to dl those eyes, and see how they were done. There are also many eyes on TSR, by several creators. Pretty sure many of those use a separate mesh that just covers the EA eyes.
Not sure how much shine you're looking for, but I can send you the reference for the plumbot skin shader.

Here is another link to eyes you might pull apart and look inside...
https://sims3-modeli.ucoz.ru/load/g...ims_3_eyes/58-3
Screenshots

Instructor
#14 Old 4th May 2024 at 2:03 AM
I checked the .package ingame, and as I guessed it's because of the sliders that affect the eyelash mesh. If you adjust the eyelash length and eye sliders, you will see the deformity of the mesh warp and change. Whenever you default replace a mesh, the old morphs are still trying to move the new vertices.
These are unfortunately included in the same morph set for the entire face, so simply removing them isn't an option.

The only potential way around this I can think of would be to include the eyelash mesh with your new mesh- untextured, so that it's invisible, unless you want to incorporate lashes into your project.
If you carefully preserve the exact vertex IDs (see here for a method to see these in Blender, 2.8 method should be similar for later versions), by making sure you select your mesh first in the Scene Collection, then Ctrl select the eyelashes, and CTRL J to Join. Then check that the eyelash mesh is the part that has IDs starting from 0. This way, old morphs and sliders will only move the verts they were meant for. I can't guarantee this would solve the issue, but that's where I'd start.

Edit: LadySmoks beat me to it, but I forgot to note the LOD1 mesh. That one won't be showing in CAS at all, but it seemed unfinished when I looked at it so perhaps it's like that intentionally.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th May 2024 at 10:38 AM
I think I'm starting to see what you're trying to do, and will say, I don't think it will work. You cannot use the instance ID of a lod 1 eyelash, and have it become a lod 0 extra eye part somehow. Plus, there are certain things you must fall in line with... 1st being EA's UV mapping. Your cornea is on the EA head UV for left back of neck.

Possibly your best bet is to try to make this as an accessory eye. Kewai-Duo has accessory eyes...
http://kewai-dou.com/custommake-sharingan/
http://kewai-dou.com/4-size-in-one/
I have the first ones. My suggestion is to dl those eyes, and see how they were done. There are also many eyes on TSR, by several creators. Pretty sure many of those use a separate mesh that just covers the EA eyes.
Not sure how much shine you're looking for, but I can send you the reference for the plumbot skin shader.

Here is another link to eyes you might pull apart and look inside...
https://sims3-modeli.ucoz.ru/load/g...ims_3_eyes/58-3

Hello again, i'm actually not trying to replace the lod1 eyelash mesh, i'm using the lod0_1 which is the lod0 eyelash mesh. I'm doing this because there are custom eyelashes. I'm aware of the uv positions and will fix them probably just going to put it on top and make it smaller. It did actually work at first before I did all this edit i have no idea why it wont work now or if i missed an extra step.

this was when it did work, see the catchlight is different then simeyes and it does reflect according to my texture.

I checked the .package ingame, and as I guessed it's because of the sliders that affect the eyelash mesh. If you adjust the eyelash length and eye sliders, you will see the deformity of the mesh warp and change. Whenever you default replace a mesh, the old morphs are still trying to move the new vertices.
These are unfortunately included in the same morph set for the entire face, so simply removing them isn't an option.

The only potential way around this I can think of would be to include the eyelash mesh with your new mesh- untextured, so that it's invisible, unless you want to incorporate lashes into your project.
If you carefully preserve the exact vertex IDs (see here for a method to see these in Blender, 2.8 method should be similar for later versions), by making sure you select your mesh first in the Scene Collection, then Ctrl select the eyelashes, and CTRL J to Join. Then check that the eyelash mesh is the part that has IDs starting from 0. This way, old morphs and sliders will only move the verts they were meant for. I can't guarantee this would solve the issue, but that's where I'd start.

Edit: LadySmoks beat me to it, but I forgot to note the LOD1 mesh. That one won't be showing in CAS at all, but it seemed unfinished when I looked at it so perhaps it's like that intentionally.

Alright, will try that. But the weird thing is that i made it work before editing it
Screenshots
Inventor
#16 Old 4th May 2024 at 3:45 PM
Hello again, i'm actually not trying to replace the lod1 eyelash mesh, i'm using the lod0_1 which is the lod0 eyelash mesh.

On that, you need to recheck your ID numbers. The package you made is using eyelash lod1_1 (eyelashes), which may or may not be most, or your entire problem. And yes, doing THAT (using lod 0 eyelashes) may actually work, as I have done similar regarding FemmeBot heads.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th May 2024 at 7:29 PM
On that, you need to recheck your ID numbers. The package you made is using eyelash lod1_1 (eyelashes), which may or may not be most, or your entire problem. And yes, doing THAT (using lod 0 eyelashes) may actually work, as I have done similar regarding FemmeBot heads.

Yes, it was not lolll i changed it now it shows up BUT
now it looks like this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JX...iew?usp=sharing
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th May 2024 at 8:37 PM
the left part is fine just the right part not oriented or like it doesnt have its own vertex data?
Inventor
#19 Old 4th May 2024 at 9:34 PM
the left part is fine just the right part not oriented or like it doesnt have its own vertex data?

What happens if you use SimEyes shader, instead of SimGlass? A few years ago, I tried using SimGlass shader on shoes, and in similar way, one shoe went out of alignment for some reason. I never figured out why. I think TS4 uses glass for eyes, but this isn't TS4, so may not work.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th May 2024 at 11:15 PM
What happens if you use SimEyes shader, instead of SimGlass? A few years ago, I tried using SimGlass shader on shoes, and in similar way, one shoe went out of alignment for some reason. I never figured out why. I think TS4 uses glass for eyes, but this isn't TS4, so may not work.

Oh yes it worked now. The most accurate shader would be GlassForObjectsTranslucent i think. Tysm for you both again
Inventor
#21 Old 5th May 2024 at 3:48 PM
Oh yes it worked now. The most accurate shader would be GlassForObjectsTranslucent i think. Tysm for you both again

So, it was that SimGlass shader causing the problem? Sorry I didn't think of that sooner. I played around with using it a while ago, and put it out of my mind, since it didn't work as I hoped. Funny how it does work with eyeglasses, and stays where it should. But eyeglasses use different bones. Still, that certain shader doesn't work with certain bones is really messed up!!!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th May 2024 at 10:53 PM
So, it was that SimGlass shader causing the problem? Sorry I didn't think of that sooner. I played around with using it a while ago, and put it out of my mind, since it didn't work as I hoped. Funny how it does work with eyeglasses, and stays where it should. But eyeglasses use different bones. Still, that certain shader doesn't work with certain bones is really messed up!!!

Might've talked too soon because now because the shader is weird. But I'll believe I'll find an appropriate shader lol

Just been wondering if there's a way to use a different map for these by changing TGI?
Inventor
#23 Old 6th May 2024 at 3:20 AM
Might've talked too soon because now because the shader is weird. But I'll believe I'll find an appropriate shader lol

Just been wondering if there's a way to use a different map for these by changing TGI?

If you use SimEyes shader, everything works? That would be step one. Just get it to work with shaders that you know work. That verifies that the meshes, your ID references, etc are good, and you have a baseline. Honestly, I probably tried every shader listed as some sort of glass, but don't remember exactly. It's been a while, and I have been making the glass shoes using Simhair shader and a few tricks.

What do you mean by "different map"? If you are making default replacements, no. Things go where EA gave space for them. I know tricks to gain map area for garments, but not for head parts, since every skin uses that same map.