Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2024 at 1:39 AM
Default Herbs and beans
I don't use herbs and coffee beans much in my game. In fact, I don't think I've ever made coffee.

I'm playing an apocalypse/nothing is free mashup challenge right now, and since there is no grocery store, I'm limited to only using ingredients my sims grow from seeds they find. Early on, any variety is precious, especially because I need 8 varieties of perfect plants.

However, most of the seeds my sims receive upon hitting Gardening level 1 aren't food - coffee beans, herbs, and alchemy ingredients. (In the way of edible plants, I currently have lettuce, grapes, onions, and white caps. I'd kill for a tomato.) It makes me wonder if there's more to be done with herbs and coffee.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th May 2024 at 2:04 AM
Could this be related to the spawners in the world you are playing? In standard game worlds, you usually find the lvl1 Gardening seeds in parks etc. Lettuce, apple, tomato etc. I doubt there are food dishes for coffee beans though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2024 at 3:41 AM
Oh, to be clear I'm not complaining about the seeds I'm getting. That's part of the challenge (Nothing is Free is a city building challenge, so I have to earn lots before I can place spawners.)

I'm just thinking it would be fun if there was more functionality from herbs and coffee beans, like if coffee-making was a skill the way nectar-making is.