Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Winchester Rifles for Desecrate’s Weapons System

by BarnacleBoots Posted 9th May 2024 at 10:02 PM

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th May 2024 at 10:46 AM
What another awesome addition to the weapons system mod, this is so cool thank you!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th May 2024 at 4:28 PM
Can sims use it autonomously? xD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2024 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
Can sims use it autonomously? xD

Not with Desecrate's mod, as far as I know – you have to aim with the camera to shoot, so it's only open to your active sims. But it seems to be possible to set up autonomous assassination with nraas's Assassination Skill (you need to install the Mobster Career as well):

https://www.nraas.net/community/Assassination

Though I haven't seen this method work in my game.

Xantak22's Scarier Ghost Mod will send possessed Sims on a killing rampage though. I have had that happen and it was very funny and chaotic, trying to stop the killing by shooting the possessed Sim with tranquillizer darts from the rifle XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th May 2024 at 4:58 PM
Thank you! Can you please create a functional crossbow?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th May 2024 at 9:47 PM Last edited by BarnacleBoots : 11th May 2024 at 10:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lo2ta
Thank you! Can you please create a functional crossbow?

I have a couple of functional crossbows that I use in my game. I just posted them over on my Tumblr for you to download

https://www.tumblr.com/barnacleboot...-for-desecrates
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th May 2024 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mookymilk
What another awesome addition to the weapons system mod, this is so cool thank you!

Thanks! I wanted to have some weapons that would work with historical gameplay
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th May 2024 at 5:17 AM
I wonder how doable it'd be to line up the gun's models in such a way that it looks like the sims're mostly holding them.

I assume it'd look fairly bad when placed, likely upright and floating a little bit to have the sim's hand line up with the grip but aside from the obligatory kitchen gun next to the knives for my crazed old man, I don't use them for décor.
That version might be useable with the moveobject cheat to make a gun hung onto a wall. That with a wall mount shelf would be fantastic.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th May 2024 at 11:37 AM
I've been waiting forever for some additions to this mod. And now I can have crossbows. Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th May 2024 at 1:55 PM Last edited by BarnacleBoots : 12th May 2024 at 2:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sovngarde195
I wonder how doable it'd be to line up the gun's models in such a way that it looks like the sims're mostly holding them.

I assume it'd look fairly bad when placed, likely upright and floating a little bit to have the sim's hand line up with the grip but aside from the obligatory kitchen gun next to the knives for my crazed old man, I don't use them for décor.
That version might be useable with the moveobject cheat to make a gun hung onto a wall. That with a wall mount shelf would be fantastic.

Yeah, you'd need to make the mesh with one of Desecrate's presets in mind, if you wanted a weapon that fits more naturally in the Sim's hand or looks like it's being pointed. But you can change how the Sim is holding the gun to one of a few different presets using Desecrate's built-in cheats fairly easily if you want to play around with it. The instructions are hidden beneath the spoiler on the page for the original mod (https://modthesims.info/d/402950/weapons-system.html), but basically the steps are:

• Press Ctrl + C and type testingcheatsenabled true
  • Shift click on the weapon while the sim is holding it
  • Choose Debug Mode ON from the menu
  • Shift click on the weapon in live mode and choose from the Carry Mode menu that appears. This allows you to change the way the weapon is carried to a number of other presets – e.g. guitar, bar tray, ice-cream, book etc.

You have to put the weapon back in the inventory and then make the Sim carry it again to see the difference. Like with the Transmogrifier, the game will only remember the setting for that particular weapon.

And they're all presets for other game objects, so none of them will look quite right – the mesh would have to be made for the mod, and unfortunately I don't have the skill to do meshes.

But if you want a wall-mounted decor gun, there's a few out there already:

Shushilda: https://shushilda.com/catalog/sims-...-3/real-hunter/
Severinka: http://sims3s.ru/objects-wildwest.php
MadRayne: https://madraynesims.tumblr.com/pos...kull-faux-llama
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th May 2024 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PetitFolle
I've been waiting forever for some additions to this mod. And now I can have crossbows. Thank you!

Thanks! The mod was designed to support tasers, cannons, bazookas, flamethrowers and guns with silencers as well as the rifle, pistol and phaser that's already out there – so it'd be great to have those for it too
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th May 2024 at 1:35 AM
Oh man ppl still remember this mod? That's awesome!! I always did want more than the stock 2 weapons it had but nobody seemed to play with it enough to make more cool weapons, now I can have period accurate roleplay >:3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 13th May 2024 at 1:12 PM
Oh man, thank you so much! This is much appreciated. A third gun to add to the game :D. It looks awesome too buddy, ty ty ty. <3
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th May 2024 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BarnacleBoots
I have a couple of functional crossbows that I use in my game. I just posted them over on my Tumblr for you to download

https://www.tumblr.com/barnacleboot...-for-desecrates

Oh Thanks a thousand times!!!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th May 2024 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LegendofLink
Oh man ppl still remember this mod? That's awesome!! I always did want more than the stock 2 weapons it had but nobody seemed to play with it enough to make more cool weapons, now I can have period accurate roleplay >:3

I know - such an iconic mod! Nice to find people are still playing with it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th May 2024 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by loc94
Oh man, thank you so much! This is much appreciated. A third gun to add to the game :D. It looks awesome too buddy, ty ty ty. <3

thanks – you should check out Toreno's other cowboy stuff too, it's really nice.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th May 2024 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lo2ta
Oh Thanks a thousand times!!!!!

glad you found them!
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th May 2024 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BarnacleBoots
the mesh would have to be made for the mod, and unfortunately I don't have the skill to do meshes.

That's understandable, I really need to learn 3D modelling at some point. I've just been too tired to devote much energy to most things I want to do, including a custom world I wanna make as learning how to make tombs work has been an uphill battle.